HIPAA Compliance at Bassett Creek Dental
At Bassett Creek Dental, we strive to be fully compliant with the new Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines. To that end we are providing our Notice of Privacy Practices online. We have also provided a Consent Form which we will keep in your file after you have signed it and return it to our office.
What is HIPAA?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is federal legislation that was passed in 1996. The law covers a wide range of issues, including:
- Assuring portability of health insurance coverage
- Mandating a fraud and abuse control program
- Creating medical savings accounts
- Administrative simplification provisions, such as privacy
According to the Preamble to the HIPAA privacy regulation, the three major purposes of HIPAA are:
- To protect and enhance the rights of consumers by providing them access to their health information and controlling the inappropriate use or disclosure of that information
- To improve quality of healthcare in the U.S. by restoring trust in the healthcare system among consumers, healthcare professionals, and the multitude of organizations and individuals committed to the delivery of care
- To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare delivery by creating a national framework for health privacy protection that builds on efforts by states, health systems, individual organizations and individuals
If you don't know your login information, please email Carin and she will send it to you.